When you join the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber Young Professionals, you become a part of one of the largest area organizations in SWMI and are able to make a positive impact on your peers and in your community. Working with the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber is an excellent way to make a meaningful difference in other people’s lives while maximizing your talents, learning new skills, improving your resume and meeting new people.
Area professionals can become Chamber Young Professionals just by being a member of the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber, if your company is already an existing member than you just need to attend.
Young Professionals groups are committed to targeting and incorporating an important segment of the population 21- to 40-year-old civic-minded professionals and promote opportunities in networking and community service. YP's across all industries and backgrounds and with differing levels of experience join young professionals groups because of a common interest in living and working in Southwest Michigan and the mission of the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber.
Register for Upcoming Events
- October Monthly Mixer at Lake Michigan Hills Golf October 17th
- November Monthly Mixer at Harbor Shores Golf with KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship November 14th
- YP Rock Climbing Excursion to Climb Kalamazoo November 24th
- December Monthly Mixer & Ugly Sweater Party at The Boulevard Inn & Bistro December 5th
Mission of the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber Young Professionals
This is an ongoing program designed to attract and retain talented young professionals by creating business opportunities, supporting community involvement and fostering an overall investment in the future of Berrien County. Professional Development luncheons, fundraisers, area activities, and social events are held throughout the year.
- Connect the areas youth in social settings to help them build relationships and network outside of their companies.
- Provide the YP with volunteer and or community engagement opportunities.
- Provide the tools, information, and mentoring to foster the areas next generation of leadership both business and in government affairs/legislative process.
To contact the Young Professionals email YoungProfessionals@smrchamber.com